Wednesday 28 November 2012

SCALP ISSUES : AN EXPERIMENT

Back in September this year, I had an interesting conversation about the use of baking soda + distilled water as a shampoo and wondered how many used this hair cleansing system? I posted this on our Facebook fanpage with mixed reaction

I therefore decided to try it myself.



I believe our scalp thrives best around pH of 4 -5.
I used distilled water which has a pH of around 7 [neutral], organic apple cider vinegar which has a pH of 5 [acid] and bicarbonate of soda which has a pH of 8 [alkaline].

These were separately mixed with distilled water - sodium bicarbonate solution iin the plastic jug - left of the screen and ACV in the glass jug - right of your screen.

"18.09.12:
Sodium bicarbonate is a mild exfoliant to release the dead skin cells.

Apple cider vinegar on the other hand is seen as a fungicide as dandruff could also be the result of bacteria.

I diluted ~15g of sodium bicarbonate in 270g of distilled water and used this solution to wash my hair.
Rinsed out with distilled water ~ 500g
Applied diluted apple cider vinegar - ~15g in 250g of distilled water. Massaged into my hair and rinsed out with distilled water after 5 minutes. My scalp was and has been breathing since.

Not yet oiled my scalp but neither the scalp nor hair feel dry."

Akua
Sheabutter Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment