Saturday 3 May 2008

A DROP OF RED ...........

... it is true that I have been dying for a glass of wine but can't touch any since I am on a course of antibiotics.

On a serious note though, I am referring to donating blood. Thanks to all those who have already donated, I was kept alive with 3 blood transfusions during my recent major surgery.

I have promised myself that I will donate blood to save someone else's life when I am back on the healthy road. Until then, we can all do our bit to keep others alive.

For more information, contact The National Blood Service - thank you ;))

1 comment:

  1. If possible, get your husband to do it. Women's iron levels fluctuate so often that its hard for us to be long term blood donors.

    Also, if you go to Ghana *fairly* regularly, they won't have it :-(

    ReplyDelete